Monday, November 28, 2011

A Pink Poncho...

And a cloche hat! What could be better for my bohemian princess?
I apologize for not having a pattern for the poncho, but truth be told, I can barely read those things let alone write one. I can give you a basic idea though, if you know your way well around a crochet hook, I bet you can figure it out. ;-)

I started with a chain stitch, I think it was around 30 or 40 stitches... enough to make a nice sized neck hole. Slip stitch to close.


Row 1: double crochet, slip stitch to close.
Row 2: Chain 15, slip stitch into next stitch, repeat all the way around to create a ruffle scallop
Row 3: Pull the loops from the previous row down and single crochet into the bottom 3 of each, joining them all together. Slip stitch to close.
Row 4: Double crochet, slip stitch closed.
Row 5: Single crochet, slip stitch closed.
Row 6: Triple crochet, slip stitch closed.
Row 7: Single crochet, slip stitch closed.
Row 8: Double crochet, slip stitch closed.
Row 9: Single crochet, slip stitch closed.
Row 10: Chain 10, slip stitch into the seventh stitch, double crochet 5, the repeat. Slip stitch closed.
Row 11: Single crochet, slip stitch closed.
Row 12: Single crochet in white or contrasting color, all the way around, slip stitch closed.
Row 13: Single crochet back in main color, slip stitch closed.
Rows 14 - 19: Repeat Rows 4 - 9.
Row 20: Chain 5 in white, slip stitch into third stitch, repeat all the way around, slip stitch closed.
Row 21: Single crochet in white, slip stitch closed.
Row 22: Chain 5 in main color, slip stitch into third stitch, repeat all the way around, slip stitch closed.
Row 23: Single crochet all the way around, slip stitch closed.
Rows 24 - 29, repeat rows 4 - 9.

For the ruffled bottom, I did a version of the Queen Annes Lace flower. Switching to white again, starting in the first stitch:
*Chain 6, slip stitch into next stitch to form a loop.
Double crochet backwards, through that loop for the foundation ring.
Chain stitch four, and working forwards again, slip stitch into the next white stitch. Repeat all the way across the "flower".
Slip stitch into the next two stitches, and repeat from *.
For help with the Queens Annes flower, look here.

For the white collar, I started in the front and marked the place in the back where a tag might go. I started with a single stitch, into the first pink stitch, and then did a double stitch right beside it. Then a triple stitch, followed by a double, and then a single again. I then repeated that pattern all the way around to my marker in the back. I then did the same thing on the other side of the collar and joined them in the back. I did it that way, because I wanted to be sure that both sides of my collar would mirror each other but a more experienced crocheter probably has a simpler way of achieving that, I do not doubt.
I then cut two pieces of yarn about a yard in length and weaved them through the double stitch just beneath the white collar and added a large pom  pom at each end.


Fortunately, I did use a pattern for the cloche hat, and that's here.

I'm so happy with the way these came out, I cannot wait to see her in them on Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment